Access-Ability Offers the Loan of Durable Medical Equipment to Help People Gain Greater Independence
Check List for Fall Prevention
1. Do you exercise less than three times a week?
2. Do you sometimes feel weak, dizzy, or unsteady
on your feet?
3. Have you experienced changes in your eyesight?
Bifocals or Trifocals
4. Have you had a vision exam in the last year?
Spectacles, cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration?)
5. Do you have foot problems or ill-fitting shoes?
Have you been diagnosed with a chronic medical condition, such as:
6. Do you take four or more prescription or over-the- counter medications?
7. Do you have tripping, slipping, or other hazards at home?
Floors, rugs, or clutter
Stairs and steps
Bathroom (toilet, bath, or shower)
8. Do you use an assistive device?
Toilet risers, handrails, walkers or canes
9. Do you worry about falling? So much so that you
avoid things you are capable of doing?
10. Do you know how to:
reach safely overhead?
rise from a chair/sit down safely?
get up off the floor safely?